Dr. Armant presents lectures to Year 1 medical students in the Human Embryology course on fertilization, early embryonic development and the placenta. He also teaches graduate courses offered through the Graduate Program Concentration in the Reproductive Sciences, including lectures in courses on Stem Cell Biology and Reproductive Biology.
His research is in mammalian embryology, focusing on pre- and peri-implantation development in rodents, as well as placentation in humans. More information is available at his laboratory website http://home.med.wayne.edu/embryo.
- 1994, Tenure, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- 1998 James A. Shannon Director�s Award, National Institutes of Health
- 2008 Wyeth President�s Presenter Awardee Mentor, Society for Gynecologic Investigation
- 2008 President's Research Enhancement Award, Wayne State University
- Fritz R, Kohan-Ghadr HR, Bolnick JM, Bolnick AD, Kilburn BA, Diamond MP, Drewlo S, Armant DR. (2015) Noninvasive Detection of trophoblast protein signatures linked to early pregnancy loss using trophoblast retrieval and isolation from the cervix (TRIC). Fertility and Sterility. In press.
- Bolnick JM, Kilburn BA, Bolnick AD, Diamond MP, Singh M, Dai J, Armant DR. (2015) Sildenafil stimulates human trophoblast invasion through nitric oxide and guanosine 3�,5�-cyclic monophosphate signaling. Fertility and Sterility. 103:1587-1595.
- Armant DR, Fritz RB, Kilburn BA, Kim YM, Nien JK, Maihle NJ, Romero R, Leach RE. (2015) Reduced Expression of the Epidermal Growth Factor Signaling System in Preeclampsia. Placenta. 36:270-278.
- Bolnick JM, Kilburn BA, Bolnick AD, Diamond MP, Singh M, Hertz M, Dai J, Armant DR. (2015) Sildenafil prevents apoptosis of human first-trimester trophoblast cells exposed to oxidative stress: possible role for nitric oxide activation of 3�,5�-cyclic guanosine monophosphate signaling. Reproductive Sciences. 22:718-724.
- Bolnick JM, Karana R, Chiang PJ, Kilburn BA, Romero R, Diamond MP, Smith SM, Armant DR. (2014) Apoptosis of Alcohol-Exposed Human Placental Cytotrophoblast Cells is Downstream of Intracellular Calcium Signaling. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. 38:1646-1653.
- Bolnick JM, Kilburn B, Bajpayee S, Reddy N, Jeelani R, Crone B, Simmerman N, Singh M, Diamond MP, Armant DR. (2014) Trophoblast Retrieval and Isolation from the Cervix (TRIC) for Non-Invasive Prenatal Screening at 5-20 Weeks of Gestation. Fertility and Sterility. 102:135�142.e6.
- Fritz R, Jain C, Armant DR. (2014) Cell signaling in trophoblast uterine communication. International Journal of Developmental Biology. 58:261-271.
- Zhang S, Lin H, Kong S, Wang S, Wang H, Wang H, Armant DR. (2013) Physiological and molecular determinants of embryo implantation. Molecular Aspects of Medicine. 34:939-980.
- Leach RE, Jessmon P, Coutifaris C, Kruger M, Myers ER, Ali Fehri R, Carson SA, Legro RS, Schlaff WD, Carr BR, Steinkampf MP, Silva S, Leppert PC, Giudice L, Diamond MP, Armant DR. (2012) High throughput, cell type specific analysis of key proteins in human endometrial biopsies of women from fertile and infertile couples. Human Reproduction, 27:814-828.
- Chason RJ, Csokmay J, Segars JH, DeCherney AH, Armant DR. (2011) Environmental and epigenetic impact on preimplantation embryo metabolism and development. [Review] Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism. 22:412-420.
- Jessmon P, Kilburn BA, Romero R, Leach RE, Armant DR. (2010) Function specific intracellular signaling pathways downstream of heparin binding EGF-like growth factor utilized by human trophoblasts. Biology of Reproduction, 82:921-929.