Laboratory Web Site
Position TitleProfessor and Director of Small Animal MRI Facility
- Director of Small Animal MRI Facility
- Participates in teaching embryology and histology to MS1 students
- Co-course Director and teacher of Biology of the Eye (undergraduate)
- Participates in Biomedical Engineering course
- Directed study mentor for undergraduate and medical students
- Ph.D. mentor for graduate students
- National Seminar speaker
Research Educator, Full time, PhD, Histology and Cell Biology, Embryology
Awards & Honors
- Scholars in Vision Science, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2009
- Inaugural Class Of ARVO Fellows; Silver level, 2009.
- Awarded the 2008/9 NeuroImage Editors' choice award (Anatomy and Physiology section) for best paper of the year
- Invited speaker, Vanderbilt Eye Institute symposium " Biomarkers and Eye Disease”, 2010.
- Member of steering committee, Translational Neuroscience Program, 2011 – 2013.
- Invited participate, Lasker/IRRF Initiative on Diabetic Retinopathy, 2012
- Member of the Microscopy, Imaging and Cytometry Resources Advisory Committee, Karmanos Cancer Institute, 2012 – present
- Invited to be on Editorial Board of Investigational Ophthalmology and Visual Science, 2012 – present.
- National Medical Research Council international expert panel, Ministry of Health, Singapore, 2012 – 2014.
- Invited speaker, Association for Research in Otolaryngology 36th Annual MidWinter Meeting, 2013
- Invited tutorial speaker for the 3rd International Summer School on Biomedical Image Analysis, 22-27 July 2013 in Shenyang, China.
- Invited speaker, "Imaging and Neuroscience of TBI", WSU BME, 2013
- ARVO Fellow; Gold level, 2013.
- Invited symposium speaker, 25th anniversary of Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, NIH, 2014
Continuously funded since 1992. More than 100 publications in peer reviewed journals