Message from the Chair and Vice Chair
Welcome to the Department of Ophthalmology, Visual and Anatomical Sciences (OVAS)
The Department (merged in 2018) is comprised of basic scientists and clinical faculty, administrative staff, research scientists, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students involved in research, education, health care and service activities that support the School of Medicine and University.
Research encompasses major areas of Vision and Neurosciences, focusing on the retina, and other areas of the brain and spinal cord; infectious disease of the cornea and retina is also a strong area of research. Investigators employ state of the art cellular and molecular approaches to the understanding of human disease mechanisms. Read full message
Dr. Paul Walker receives Kamran S. Moghissi MD Endowed Faculty Award for Excellence in Basic Science Teaching.View All Spotlights
- COVID and the Eye: Ongoing research seeks possible ocular connections.
- Harvard Medical School invites Dr. Suvas to share lab’s corneal breakthroughs with faculty and trainees
- Dr. Suvas earns second R01 to explore cornea-based complication of herpes simplex virus-1
- Ophthalmology, Visual and Anatomical Sciences ranks 11th in the nation, No. 1 in Michigan in NIH research funding
- NIH appoints Dr. Renu Kowluru to national advisory council
- More events